A solar water heater is a device which captures and transfers the heat energy available in solar radiation which can be used for meeting the requirements of heat.
Solar water heater system(SWHS) is a device which supplies hot water at 600C to 800C using only solar thermal energy without any other fuel. It has three main components.
1. Solar collector.
2. Insulated hot water storage tank.
3. Cold water tank with required insulated hot water pipelines and other accessories.
Water heater system working on thermo-siphon principle.Water is heated by the solar thermal energy absorbed by the collectors.The hot water with lower density moves upwards and cold water higher density moves down from the tank due to gravity head.A bank of collectors can be arranged in a series-parallel combination to get higher quantity of water.
1. Flat plate Collector(FPC)based solar water heater.
2. Evacuated tube collectors(ETC) based solar water heaters.
The solar radiation is absorbed by flat plate collectors which consist of an insulated outer metallic box covered on the top with glass sheet. Inside there are blackened metallic absorber sheet with built in channels or riser tubes to carry water. The absorber absorbs the solar radiation and transfers the heat to the flowing water.
|Capacity(in LPD) for 600C SWHS||Recommended Collector Area(Insq.m)|
Evacuated Tube Collectors is made of double layer borosilicate glass Tubes evacuated for providing insulation. The outer wall of the inner tube is coated with selective absorbing material. This helps Absorption of solar radiation and transfers the heat to the water Which flows through the inner tube.
1. Flat plate collector (FPC) based systems are of Metallic Type and have longer lift as compared to Evacuated tube Collector (ETC) based system as ETCs are made of glass, Which are of fragile in nature.
2. ETC based systems are 10 to 20 cheaper than FPC based System. They perform better in colder regions and avoid freezing Problem during sub-zero temperature. FPC based systems also Perform good with anti-freeze solution at subzero temperature but their cost increases.
3. At places where water is hard and have larger chlorine content FPC based system with heat exchanger must be installed as it will Avoid scale deposition in copper tubes of solar collectors which can block the flow of water as well reduce its thermal performance ETC based systems do not face such problem.
4. For a house with one bathroom and 3 to 4 members, 100 liter per day capacity system should be sufficient. For more numbers of Bathrooms, the capacity will increase accordingly due to pipe losses & more number of family members. Generally the capacity is decided based on hot water required in mornings for bathing .if the usage is in evening & at other times also, the capacity is decided accordinglyAbout Solar Street Light
Solar street light work on the principle of the photovoltaic cell .It consist with battery, Solar panel, Pole, Luminary, wire cable etc.
During day time Solar panel generate D.C. electricity with the help of sun rays. Generated energy stored in the battery during day time. Stored Energy used for lighting purpose in night time and this process keeps on repeating every day.
We Flexion Energy provide complete Solar street lighting system with installation. We provide complete design and customize solution with all accessories.